Friday, April 13, 2007

Welcome to the Ranch

Welcome to the new blog and welcome to the Cottle Ranch in West Texas. As you can see from the wreath, it is springtime here and for ranchers this means crops. Thankfully, we have had lots of rain this month and we will actually have some early oats. I will post pictures of that soon. For now, I want to share our non-traditional ranch house.As you can see, our home is a metal building. This is not what you would assume would be a house, but I assure you it looks completely different on the inside. I am very happy with how it turned out and even happier that my husband and I designed it. We have had much help from family and friends to get it to move-in condition and although it isn't finished on the inside, we are extremely pleased with it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Jon Freeman. i live in lampasas County. i am currently in Iraq and i am looking to build a home like this on my property. Could you give me some insite on this. Did you build it your self or had a contractor. My email is
jon.freeman@kbr.com or
texasboy776@yahoo.com
thank you .... Jon