Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Memories

Last night, I began a major project: cleaning out our 16 X 8 closet. As you can guess this is not an easy task as this is the place that I tend to stuff EVERYTHING in order to de-clutter the rest of the house. Well, I could no longer walk to the back half which contains all my clothing.

Another reason I really needed to do this was that both the girls have outgrown their current clothing size and I desperately needed to get them changed out. Jules, who is now 2.5, can no longer fit into her 2T clothing; while Jaelynn, 8.5 months, has finally outgrown her 3-6 m clothes. And so the war on containers begins.

I purchased 4 new containers for the girls keepsakes since Jaelynn is now needing to put things away and to put Jules' things away that I will give her when she is a mom. My 18 gal containers are all color coded, but not labeled so I have lots to do and it will be an ongoing endeavor for a week I am thinking.

Anyway, I said all this to say that last night I pulled out all the containers from our closet to begin the orgainizing. Today when Jaelynn took her 20 min catnap, I began. I was able to make a huge mess in the bedroom before Jaelynn woke up.

Well, instead of continuing I decided to take the girls outside and swing them. Then we got on the trampoline for some ring around the rosie and other fun games. We came in just a bit ago and began our imaginary Little People play and the girls are now playing together by me as I type. I think I made the right decision. I may not have a place to lay my head this evening, but my heart is full of precious smiles, sweet gigles, and the cackle of laughter. Today is a good day as it is full of memories.

No comments: